Premature ejaculation is a significant andrological problem, covered with a mass of secrets and conjectures. In medical science and practice, there was no consensus on the etiology and even the very nature of the condition in question.
In the European practice, it is customary to talk about the early release of the sperm, if it occurs for a period before or at the beginning of the sexual intercourse (up to about 10 seconds).
In former times it was thought that if the orgasmic discharge occurs in the first 2 minutes, it makes sense to talk about pathology. Such a judgment, however, is false, given that the standard physiological sexual act has a duration of two to four minutes.
This sensitive problem has 25-40% of men according to statistics. Although there is no immediate danger to life and health, early ejaculation delivers many psychological problems.
Approximately 50% of patients with suspected early ejaculation are healthy. Accordingly, the causes can be divided into natural and pathological.
- An excessive decrease in sexual activity. It leads to rapid arousal when it comes to intercourse. The brain gives too powerful electrical signals and, thus, there is a sharp sexual discharge.
- Lack of experience of sexual relations. It occurs among adolescents and men of a young age. An inexperienced person does not understand how the psychology of intimate contact is arranged and wants to attain a discharge more quickly, maximally stimulating the erogenous zones. This problem is solved and eliminated as you gain the necessary experience and “skill.”
- Fear of contact. It is a paradoxical situation, however, if a man fears something at the moment of intimate affinity with the partner, orgasmic relaxation begins more quickly.
- Misunderstanding with the partner.
In other cases, the problem lies in some disease. Among the most common:
- Inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis). A real scourge of men for 40-50 years. It is characterized by erectile dysfunction, pains in the penis, anus, intensified in the process of sexual intercourse and early ejaculation.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Demeged seminal vesicles. Causes spontaneous release of the sperm.
- Syndrome of lobules (paracentral).
Also, in some cases, premature ejaculation is the result of taking medications: antipsychotics, tranquilizers, antidepressants and other psychoactive substances.
Once the man has discovered the problem, the correct decision will be to visit a urologist or andrologist. Many are locked in themselves, but this only exacerbates the problem. First of all, it is necessary to exclude pathological causes of premature ejaculation. For these purposes, the doctor conducts a questioning of the patient for complaints.
Then comes the turn of the physical investigation: a specialist palpates the genitals, and also resorts to a rectal examination of the prostate gland, in order to exclude prostatitis and organ tumors. In the future, it is necessary to pass a number of laboratory tests.
If the initial cause is pathological, treatment of the underlying disease is indicated by the use of medications, physiotherapy and, if necessary, surgical intervention. In particular, specialized medications are prescribed that inhibit the conductivity of nerve impulses, circumcision to reduce the sensitivity of the penis head. Massage of the prostate gland is also useful.
But much more often we have to talk about psychological and psychosomatic factors that affect the duration of sexual intercourse. In this case, a sexologist will come to the rescue. And also a psychotherapist (you should not confuse him with a psychiatrist, these are different doctors). Psychotherapy consists in inculcating the ability to control one’s emotional background and, accordingly, the measure of sexual arousal.