An anxious person will always find something to worry about. It is an individual psychological feature, resulting in a stable personality trait – a tendency to experience anxiety, concern, a feeling of helplessness in many life circumstances, even if for that there are no visible objective reasons.
There is no single “root of evil”. The reason may be a constitutional predisposition, as well as:
- anxious and suspicious atmosphere in the family: parents are always afraid of something and “infect” their child with their anxiety;
- dysfunctional experience of early relationships with your mother (do not know what to expect from her, whether she loves, will she protect?);
- authoritarian style of parental education (conflicting or overstated requirements for the child, high expectations that turn his life into a struggle for achievements).
A grown person in consciousness has a so-called “hierarchy of motives,” where the main thing is at the top, and the less important one is located under it and occupies a subordinate position. That is, a person understands what is important to him and is super important, and what is not very much at the moment. Accordingly, what is not very significant, can wait until a person does what is super important for him. In ordinary life, we call these priorities, which, of course, are constantly changing.
An alarming person, can not separate the significant from the insignificant. Everything matters to him! Therefore, when he begins to move towards one of his goals, it turns out that he is moving away from the other. And since the goals are equivalent, there is incredible anxiety and – quite often – a complete paralysis of activity.
An anxious person is indecisive. It is very difficult for him to make a choice, and having made it – do not doubt the correctness of the decision. He continually tries to calculate the consequences of his actions, hence the habit of planning, the desire to provide everything, to keep under control.
Disturbing people are sensitive, vulnerable, compliant, conscientious. They are always haunted by a sense of guilt for everything. They have little energy because constant anxiety exhausts and deprives the forces. If in your environment there are such, know that a disturbing person should often be praised. He badly needs support.
If this article is about you …
- It is necessary to understand that increased anxiety is forever. Therefore, the first and the main point: to accept, but not “fold up,” but try to improve the quality of their own lives.
- You need to learn to relieve tension and relax in every possible way. What can help here?
- Breathing (reducing the respiratory rate with an increase in exhalation or increasing the pause between inspiration and exhalation).
- Relaxation techniques (visualization, stress for 5-7 seconds and relaxation of different muscle groups, especially those that are clamped, is very effective!).
- Motor activity (bicycle, swimming, skis, skates).
- Massage, yoga.
- Art therapy (you can draw your anxiety, and then make changes in the drawing so that it ceases to be disturbing, but became at least neutral, as a maximum – positive).
- Pleasant, enjoyable activity.
- The main mistake of anxious people, if they need to do something: they first try to overcome their negative experiences (anxiety, fear of failure), get together with the spirit and only then begin to act. But already at the stage of fighting with oneself, they run out of energy, so that it simply does not remain for real affairs. Exit: start acting against the background of your experiences. Just start doing something: the alarm is “treated” by employment.
- An anxious person is very important to build his “hierarchy of motives” by his values, remember it and use it whenever there is a problem with making a decision.
- Similarly, you can work with the image of the future, setting yourself life goals and going to them by the constructed coordinate system.
- To solve problems with anxiety, the best option is to contact the appropriate specialist who will analyze your symptoms and prescribe the appropriate treatment.