Overdose and side effects
Patients who take the drug at a dosage of 450 mg per day, often have symptoms of overdose. These symptoms can manifest as:
- sinus tachycardia;
- a state of drowsiness;
- increased blood pressure;
- state of lethargy;
- epileptic condition.
In the case of an overdose, supportive treatment is provided. The patient is assigned to take activated charcoal intravenously, injected with benzodiazepine or barbiturate.
Side effects from the use of the drug are accompanied by:
- the appearance of hives, allergies, which manifests itself in the form of rash, itching, redness of the skin;
- anorexia, lack of appetite, lethargy, weakness, anxiety;
- the occurrence of noise in the ears, vision problems;
- a condition of a tachycardia, high arterial pressure;
- nausea, dry mouth, vomiting, constipation, pain in the abdomen;
- pain in the chest, asthenia, fever;
- a decrease in body weight, a depressed state, a confused state of consciousness.
In rare cases, side effects are manifested as:
- the appearance of a Quincke edema in a person, signs of anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm;
- slowing down various reactions;
- increase or decrease in the blood sugar level of the patient;
- problems with coordination of movements;
- irritation, signs of aggression;
- frequent urination;
- occurrence of seizures;
- involuntary twitching of the muscles;
- state of anxiety.