Wellbutrin is the most famous drug on the basis of bupropion. Instruction for use states that the form of release of this medication is tablets. Tablets are packed in bottles of 7, 30 and 90 pieces.
One active substance – bupropion represent the composition of the drug. Its dose can be 150 and 300 mg. Additionally, the agent also includes a group of components, among which polyvinyl alcohol, methacrylic acid, and other substances are present.
Indications for prescription
There are several directions for the appointment of bupropion. The instruction contains information on the following indications for use:
- treatment of depressive states (from mild to severe) in combination with other agents;
- prevention of exacerbations of depressive disorders;
- treatment of manifestations of anxiety and social phobia in the event of a depressive condition;
- treatment of neuroses of different etiologies;
- during quitting;
- with increasing weight and the appearance of sexual problems in the background of a depressive state;
- for the elimination of attention deficit disorder;
- to eliminate the symptoms of seasonal affective disorders.
Application: general rules
Bupropion tablets are taken without chewing, with plenty of water. The action of the medicine comes in a few weeks of regular admission.
Before use, you need to familiarize yourself with the specific features of the product:
- the maximum dosage is 450 mg per day;
- one day is enough for a day;
- you need to drink tablets at the same time.
Initially, a dosage of 150 mg is prescribed. If necessary, a doctor may recommend an increase in the amount of substance taken per 100 mg. Then the patient’s condition is monitored for 2 weeks. In the absence of improvement, a maximum dose is prescribed. Long-term use is shown (from 6 months and more).
Appointment in pediatrics
One of the contraindications of the drug is the age younger than 18 years. In pediatrics, the remedy is not used in connection with the danger of thinking with suicidal tendencies.
Use in old age
Prescribing a medicine after 65 years requires dose adjustment or a reduction in the number of doses. This is due to the danger of side effects.