1 tablet contains:
- Atenolol – 25, 50 or 100 mg.
Indications for use
It is used in adults to treat such cardiovascular pathologies as:
- Cardiac ischemia;
- Stenocardia of tension, rest stenocardia, unstable angina;
- Arterial hypertension, hypertension, including hypertensive crisis;
- Decreased muscle tone in the mitral valve, hyperkinetic cardiac syndrome, caused by functional disorders in the heart;
- Neurocirculatory disorders with hypertensive complications;
- Starter tremor, tremor with abstinence syndrome, essential tremor.
Treatment and prevention:
- Myocardial infarction, including maintenance therapy after acute conditions;
- Arrhythmias of various etiologies;
- Nadzheludochkovaya and ventricular extrasystole, sinus tachycardia, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, other types of arrhythmia;
Mode of application
Tablets are recommended to be taken before meals, the tablet is swallowed without chewing and drinking with sufficient water.
The dose of the drug is selected for each patient individually, the initial therapeutic dose for angina is 50 mg once, in the absence or inadequacy of the dose increase, the maximum daily dose of 200 mg.
The maintenance dose is usually 25 mg per day once, but it can also be increased by the attending physician.
The drug penetrates through the placental barrier in small amounts, therefore the administration of the drug in pregnant women should be under the control of the attending physician after the ratio of the expected benefit to the mother and the potential risks to the fetus. If it is necessary to use during the lactation period, it is necessary to resolve the issue of stopping breastfeeding.