The following is information on contraindications to the use of ofloxacin in general, pregnancy & amp; Breastfeeding and children. Please note that the contraindications may vary depending on the dosage form of a drug (eg tablet, syringe, ointment).
When can not Ofloxacin be used?
In the case of known hypersensitivity to ofloxacin or other gyrase inhibitors (such as ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, levofloxacin), no renewed use should be made.
Patients with tendonitis or tendon rupture associated with previous gyrase therapy should also not receive anyloxacin. Due to possible cartilage damage, this also applies to children and adolescents in the growing age. In addition, use in pregnant women and nursing mothers is prohibited.
Patients with brain disorders as well as nerve damage and the resulting disorder should be treated with caution with gyrase inhibitors. This also applies to patients who are prone to seizures (epilepsy). During therapy, these patients should be monitored extremely carefully.
Patients suffering from a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (metabolic disorder) can destroy red blood cells and subsequently anemia. Therefore, Ofloxacin should only be used with extreme caution in these patients.
The only contraindication for local dosage forms on the eye is hypersensitivity to Ofloxacin.
What should you watch out for during pregnancy and lactation?
Ofloxacin should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation. There are no adequate studies on the safety of use in women for this time.
From eye drops, the drug is practically not absorbed into the body. Therefore, the use of ofloxacin in this dosage form during pregnancy and lactation may be necessary in urgent cases.
What should be considered in children?
Due to possible cartilage damage, children and adolescents in the growing age should not receive anyloxacin.
Warnings and Precautions
- Skin should be protected from direct sunlight by appropriate clothing and sun protection factors when taking the medicine. Solarium visits are to be avoided.
- No contact lenses should be worn during eye therapy.
- If you have severe diarrhea, see a doctor immediately.
- In the case of pain or inflammation in the tendon area, treatment must be discontinued.
- The medicine may be a seizure disorder when taken.
- In case of renal impairment dose adjustment is necessary when ingested.
- Hemorrhagic disorders may be exacerbated when taking the drug.
- The reactivity may be impaired.
- Disruption during machine operation is possible.
- Impairment of active road users is possible.
- An increased reactivity impairment follows alcohol consumption.
- Eye impairment is possible when used on the eye.
Sometimes medications release allergic reactions.
If you notice any signs of allergic reaction, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.