Do not prescribe Forxiga diabetics with the 1 st type of disease. With individual intolerance of the components of the formula, it is also replaced by analogs. Dapagliflozin is also not shown:
- For problems with kidneys of a chronic nature, and also if the glomerular filtration is reduced to 60 ml/min / 1.73 m2;
- Diabetic ketoacidosis;
- Lactose intolerance;
- Deficiency of lactase and increased glucose-galactose sensitivity;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- In childhood and adolescence;
- During the intake of certain types of diuretics;
- Gastrointestinal diseases;
- With anemia;
- If the body is dehydrated;
- In a mature (from 75 years) age, if the medication is prescribed for the first time.
Forxiga should be used with caution in case of infections of the genitourinary system or heart failure in a chronic form.
To patients with renal insufficiency should be treated with increased attention: use Forxiga in a balanced complex, regularly monitor the kidneys, adjusting the dosage as needed.
Diabetics with cardiac and vascular problems in parallel with the sugar-reducing drugs are prescribed cardioprotectors since dapagliflozin is able to create an additional burden on the vessels.
In general, the drug is not dangerous, in experiments, volunteers without diabetes tolerated a one-time excess of the dose 50 times. Sugar was detected in the urine after this dose for 5 days, but there was no hypotension, hypoglycemia, or severe dehydration.
In case of accidental or deliberate overdose, gastric cleansing and maintenance therapy should be performed. The withdrawal of Forxiga by hemodialysis has not been studied.